Saturday, July 21, 2012

Just another Manic Monday

Ever since I ordered this Lustre Sock from Sunrise Fiber Co. in Bangles, I knew I wanted to make Mimosa Mimicry (available through Ravelry) with it. And really, can you blame me?
It's a wonderful bright orange color, with undertones of the yellow and pink which make it up. It's incredibly tonal and deep and I've been obsessed with it for a while now, obviously.

Plus, ever since Mimosa Mimicry designer Mia Rinde offered to let me test her gorgeous shawl for her and I had to refuse due to my own design testing going on at the time, I have been obsessed with this pattern. And desperate to try nupps.

The pattern was exquisitely designed and clearly explained, and after a quick Ravelry forum search on the best way to make nupps, I was tearing through it. In fact, the whole shawl took me only 5 days to knit! I love how it turned out:

Though, it was incredibly difficult to photograph the color and still ensure the nupps were visible. This will definitely be a task for my lovely photographer friend Kaytee to capture it true beauty, but for now, here's a couple more pictures.


I wanted to pay homage to both the pattern and the yarn in naming it, so I went with Manic Monday. That way I included the Bangles, but still got the M alliteration from the pattern's name. I'm pretty proud of it, can't you tell? :)

Coming soon: Luiza (I've actually been buying patterns lately, since I published my own first) just needs to be blocked. I've got some great, frustrated stories for that one. I also finished my Vortex shawl, which still needs to be blocked and maybe I'll add some edging. And I'm currently working on Clarus in another SFC colorway I love, Patina. Here's a little preview of the yarn to whet your appetite!
**Sunrise Fiber Co. yarn photos are Wren's own. I couldn't possible photograph her gorgeous, subtle colorways any better than she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment